Lentil and rice cooked with authentic bengali spices
1. Cut the onion, green chili and garlic in small pieces. Wash the Masoor dal and rice with water and drain out the water and in separate bowl
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add red chili and bay leaves. Fry for 2 minutes and then add onions and green chilies.
3. Add 3-4 cloves of garlic cut and chili cuts. After stirring for a minute add ginger paste and mix it well.
4. Add the rice and mix it well. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add masoor dal and stir for 1-2 minutes for proper mixing
6. Add turmeric powder and salt,then stir to mix the content
7. Add water 1 ï¿½ liter , allow to boil
8. Add ghee and garam masala. Cover cooker with lid and cook till 2 whistle.
9. Let the pressure be release. open the lid, the khichdi is ready.