A salty snack with ajwain and methi. served during diwali
1. In a pan mix maida, Kashmiri chili powder, ajwain and salt.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and kasuri methi and mix well. Add water and begin kneading the mixture.
3. Knead into a soft dough.
4. Oil the rolling pin and rolling surface. Make a ball of dough and roll it out into a thin layer.
5. Cut into diamond or square shapes using a pizza cutter.
6. In a pan heat oil to deep fry the para. Once the oil is hot add a bunch of para. Mix occasionally and keep a close eye to make sure they do not burn.
7. Fry till golden brown. Remove in a vessel lined by tissue paper to soak the extra oil.
8. Cool them down and store in an air tight container. If stored properly they can be enjoy for up to a month.