Mix of whole matpe bean, split green gram, bengal gram, red lentils made with onion and tomato paste, served with rice.
- Cuisine Punjabi
- Course Main Course
- Serves 5
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Put lentils in a pan and wash them properly. Then put these lentils in a cooker and pour water over them. Put turmeric powder in cooker and mix it well. Pressure cook it( Normally it takes 10-15 minutes to cook these lentils in a cooker).
2. Chop onions, tomatoes and green chillies. Grate ginger as well.
3. Now heat ghee in a pan on medium to high flame. Once ghee is heated, put cumin seeds in oil and roast them well. After that put grated ginger in oil and roast it for 1/2 minute, then put chopped onions and chopped chillies in pan and cook them until medium brown in color.
4. Then put chopped tomatoes in pan and cook them well until a paste is formed. Put red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder in paste and roast it well for 1 minute. After that put garam masala and roast it well also.
5. After 15 minutes turn off the flame and let the pressure come out of its own. Then put cooked daal over onion- tomato paste and mix it well. Add some water if needed and let 2-3 boils come. Tadka daal is ready to serve.