An Italian comfort food, perfect for a date night paired with a glass of wine.
1. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add garlic and saute for half minute.
2. Add the onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add shiitake mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the crimini mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the peas and saute for 2 minutes
6. Add rice and saute for a minute.
7. Add the champagne and on medium heat, keep stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
8. Add 1 cup of broth and keep stirring until all the liquid is absorbed. Repeat the process by adding 1 cup broth and stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
9. Grate parmesan cheese and keep on the side.
10. When you have added your last cup of broth, check your salt and pepper and while it's still creamy as shown in image, add Parmesan cheese,stir and turn off the stove.If your risotto is not cooked after using all the broth, continue to add warm water or broth until you achieve the desired consistency.