Simple and rich homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe.
1. Keep 2-3 mushroom aside and use the rest to make a smooth paste in a blender, add few tablespoons of water if required to make the paste.
2. Put 1 tbs oil and add onions and saute for a couple of minutes till they become translucent to make a paste of it.
3. To the pot add the mushroom paste, onion paste, water and bring to boil.
4. Add heavy cream and milk.
5. Add chopped mushroom, chopped garlic, maggie bouillons, pepper and bring to boil again. Add basil; keep the heat on low while stirring occasionally for 10 minutes making sure the soup does not rise.
6. Cream of mushroom soup is ready to serve. Optionally serve with some croutons.