Bell peppers stuffed with spiced mushroom filling.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add finely chopped onion and saute till translucent.
2. Add in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and saute for a while.
3. Add in 1/2 cup of coconut and saute for a few minutes.
4. Add in the mushrooms. I used brown beech mushrooms which are similar in taste to the ones we get in Goa. But you can use any mushrooms of your choice.
5. Add in 1/2 tablespoon salt. Stir the mushrooms with the masala. Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes or so.
6. Cut the bell peppers in half.
7. Heat oil in an open mouthed pan. Once the oil is hot place the peppers. Cook till charred. Do same on both side.
8. Reduce the flame to a simmer. Place the peppers face up and fill in the stuffing. Do this with all the peppers.
9. Add 1/4 cup water to the same pan in which stuffing was made. Add this water to the pan. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
10. After 10 minutes open and cook till most of the water evaporates. Serve hot with chapatis.