A sweet and spicy healthy dish from Thailand made with vegetables and chicken cooked in a coconut based aromatic curry.
1. Cut the chicken breasts into medium sized cubes. Add ginger garlic paste and 1 teaspoon of salt and set aside for marinating for 15-20 minutes.
2. Cut the vegetables of your choice into medium sized cubes and set aside. I used broccoli, mushroom and baby corn. You could use any or all of the listed vegetables as per your choice to make 5 cups of vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, baby corn, chestnuts, cauliflower, bamboo shoots, bell peppers).
3. To make the curry: In a mixer add 3 cups of fresh or canned coconut milk. To this add 2 teaspoons of salt, lemon grass, ginger, chili garlic sauce, cumin powder, coriander powder, soy sauce. Blend all together.
4. Next add sugar, Kashmiri chili powder and tomato ketchup, and blend once more.
5. In a large vessel heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot add in the vegetables and sauté for a minute or two.
6. Add in the chicken and sauté for a couple of minutes.
7. Pour in the curry. Add 1/2 cup water to the mixer to clean the remaining curry and add it in as well.
8. Mix well and add in the chili flakes.
9. Let the curry come to a boil.
10. Serve hot with rice. Note: To make a vegetarian version replace the chicken with tofu.