A crunchy delicious marathi snack. This recipe shows you how to make shev and how to season it.
1. In a bowl mix chana dal/ gram flour. Add dhania, jeera powder ,turmeric Powder ,salt sugar and yogurt (dahi).
2. Mix all thoroughly, add water and make thin paste /batter.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a pan and add above mixture to hot oil.
4. Mix it thoroughly to get smooth dough.
5. Take the kitchen Press ( sorya ) and fill the dough in it. Press the shev maker to get thin long shev.
6. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds when they splutter add asafetida. Sauté for half a minute. Add turmeric powder , chopped green chili , cumin to it. Add chopped coriander leaves. Pour this on the shev and enjoy.