A traditional Bengali preparation of Cauliflower and Alu usually served with rice or roti.
1. Cut cauliflower, Potatoes and Tomato in pieces
2. Heat the oil in a pan or kadai. First fry the cut cauliflower for some time(till it turns little brownish on the cover) with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Then fry the cut potato pieces for some time with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder till the outer cover turns little brownish. Keep the fried potatoes and cauliflower aside in a dish.
3. To the hot oil in the pan, add bay leaves and cumin seeds
4. Add tomato pieces , fry for a minute. Add ginger paste, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of salt with little water(2-3 tablespoons) and let it fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add green pea, cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. TAdd the fried cauliflower and potato
7. Mix the entire content with 1/4 tea spoon of sugar and fry for 4-5 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup of water, cut green chili and salt as per taste. Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 10 minutes (till the potato is cooked)
8. Taste for salt and add if needed. The food is ready to be served with rice or roti