A healthier version of Idli with finger millet flour
1. Grind the soaked urad dal and poha to a smooth paste.
2. Add the ragi flour,salt and 1 cup of water (a little more if the batter is too thick) to get an idly batter consistency.
3. Cover with a lid that is not airtight and let ferment overnight. It will double in volume.
4. Grease the idli pans and put them in a pressure cooker with 4 cups of boiling water and cover and let cook without placing the pressure for about 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the stove,remove the lid and get the idli stand out of the cooker and Wait for 5 minutes before removing the idlis from the plates. Serve with coconut chutney or peanut chutney or sambar. (the recipes for the chutney are available on our site)