A traditional bengali delicacy made with dal and sugar syrup generally served as dessert
1. Soak the Dal in water for an hour
2. Make paste of the soaked dal in mixer or blender.
3. Take 4 cups of water in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Add the sugar to the boiling water and allow to boil for 15-20 mins. then 4. allow the hot sugar syrup to cool
4. Heat oil in a Kadhai ( or pan)
5. Make small balls ( pakora shape) of the dal paste and put them in the hot oil and fry
6. Take out the dal balls( pakoras) when these are brown by draining out oils. Drop the fried dal balls in the cooled syrup
7. Allow the fried dal balls to soak in the sugar syrup till the balls have turned juicy and soft (around 15-20 mins)