Authentic bengali dessert with Kheer and coconut eaten for special occasion like durga puja.
- Cuisine Bengali
- Course Desserts
- Serves 6
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Scrap the coconut using a scraper
2. Boil the milk in a saucepan and allow it to condense over an oven till 2 liters is reduced to 1 Â¼ liters, stirring intermittently.
3. Make a rough paste of scraped coconut and sugar in a mixing machine
4. Add sooji to the paste and mix it well
5. Heat 2 table spoon of ghee in a kadai or deep pan. Add the mix to the Kadai and roast the mix till it turns light brown and sticky. It would take around 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Take the roasted mix in a dish and make small oval shaped globules while it is still hot. Then allow the balls to cool.
7. Add these balls to the boiling milk along with cardamom. Boil the whole content for 2-3 minutes and then take it off the stove.