The slow cooked beef preparation can be served hot with pulao or rice, thin slices can also be used in sandwiches with some butter and taken on picnics.
1. Wash beef properly and cut into 4 to 5 big pieces.
2. Prick the beef with fork and marinate it with salt, ginger garlic paste and lime juice for 90 minutes.
3. Pour 2 tbs oil in a deep vessel or pot and then add cloves, pepper corn, kasmiri chillies, cinnamon and roast them for a minute.
4. Add ginger and garlic, soute for a minute and add onions and cook till they become translucent.
5. Then add garam masala and turmeric powder.
6. Add tomatoes and green chillies (optional), cover the pot and cook till the tomato becomes soft.
7. Add marinated beef, cover the pot and cook on high heat for 20 minutes.
8. Add tamarind juice and water if required and cook on low for 30 to 40 minutes.
9. At this time the beef should be cooked, now take off heat.
10. Cool the meat for 10 minutes, use a folk to hold the meat and cut into thin slices, pour gravy over the meat and serve.
11. Optionally you can put 2 tbs oil and fry in a frying pan with a little gravy and fry the beef slice on either sides for a couple of minutes and serve. This will make the meat a little crispy on the sides ï¿½?? a texture some prefer.