Another of my family recipes to make tender and delicious tongue roast. This recipe cures the meat for days before actual cooking so plan ahead of time.
1. In a bowl, add the tongue, ginger-garlic, peppercorn, cloves and lime. Marinate for three - five days. On each day, turn the tongue and mix with ingredients.
2. On the 5th day, remove the tongue from the marinate. Remove the outer skin and slice into thin pieces. In a pan, add oil and saute the tongue till it turns brown and set aside.
3. In a pan, add oil and the chopped onions and saute the onions till it is translucent. Add the garam masala, peppercorn, garlic, ginger and cloves.
4. Add the previously sauteed tongue to the mix and add salt to taste. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
5. Now move the contents from the pan to a pressure cooker add . Let it cook for 3 whistles or appropriately 20 minutes. If no pressure cooker, slow cook for 45 minutes.