This recipe is inspired by my friend Nisha's method of cooking potatoes. This is an easy and very tasty recipe of potatoes flavored with mustard seeds and oil.
1. Peel and dice the potatoes into very small pieces. As you cut place the potatoes into a bowl of water to prevent them from browning.
2. In a pan heat mustard oil. Once hot add asafetida and mustard seeds. Cook the seeds till they splutter.
3. Next add in the curry leaves. As you get closer to doing this step, transfer the potatoes over a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. The potatoes need to be as dry as possible.
4. Add in the potatoes. Add salt.
5. Also add red chili powder. Stir everything together and cook.
6. Let the potatoes cook till golden brown, stirring occasionally. Do not over stir or the potatoes will start breaking. Enjoy hot with chapatis.