A dish for all lovers of Indian Cuisine. Enjoy with some Rice or Chapattis !
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 2
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Make smooth paste of Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Green chilli. Cut potato in cubes.
2. Heat the oil in Pan and add mustard seeds, cumin, asafoetida to it. Allow the seeds to crackle.
3. Add onion paste, cook for 3-5mins and then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins.
4. Add grated Dry Roasted Coconut and mix well.
5. Add soaked masoor dal , potato cubes and salt. Mix well and add 2-3 cups of water ( depends on consistency of gravy you looking for).
6. Cover and cook for 10-12mins (stir occasionally).
7. After 10-12 mins, add Fenugreek Leaf (dry) and Garam Masala and cook for another 10-12 mins by stirring occasionally.