Crispy shredded potatoes deep fried in oil.Usually served at the start of a meal with dal and rice.
1. Remove the skin of the potatoes. Shred the potatoes using a grater or a processor
2. Allow the cut potatoes to dry a little by placing over tissue paper. Then sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix it well.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan(Kadai) for approximately 4-5 minutes
4. Put about a third of the potato cuts in the hot oil. Fry the potato till light brown stirring intermittently
5. Take out the fried potato from the pan, drain out the oil and keep in a dish. Repeat step 4 for rest of the cut potatoes.