Here is a kid friendly appetizer. Vegetables and cheese deep fried into crispy bite size balls.
- Cuisine Fusion
- Course Appetizers
- Serves 9
- Method Fry
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Grind the corn and sweet peas into a coarse paste.
2. Mash the potatoes. In a mixing bowl add the grated cheese, mashed potatoes, corn and peas.
3. Add coriander leaves, 1 teaspoon salt (check and add since cheese is salty as well), kashmiri chili powder, ginger garlic paste, pepper powder and 2 tablespoons of corn flour. Mix everything well.
4. Make 1.5 inch diameter balls with the mixture. This recipe yields around 35. Take 1/2 cup water, add 3 tablespoon corn flour and 1 teaspoon salt and make a thick paste.
5. Dip the balls into the corn flour paste. Coat them with bread crumbs. Roll the balls once again in between your hands so that the bread crumbs stick.
6. Heat oil in the mean time. Fry the balls till golden brown on both sides.
7. Remove the balls on a paper towel to soak the extra oil. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.