A popular Telangana snack for tea time which is spicy Rice Flour Pancake with chana dal and peanuts
1. In a bowl take the onion,green chili,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder,salt and curry leaves.
2. Add the peanuts and the chana dal and mix well.
3. Add the rice flour and mix.
4. Add sufficient water,little by little to form a semi firm dough.
5. Smear oil on a broad and thick bottomed pan and take an orange sized dough and place it in the center of the pan.
6. With your hand, gently start pressing the dough so that it spreads evenly all around the pan.
7. Make some holes with your finger and add a drop of oil in each of the holes, you can add more oil if you like crispier sarvapindi.
8. Turn on the stove and let cook with closed lid for about 10 minutes on medium flame.Check if the bottom side is browned.Then flip the appa and let cook on the other side for 5 minutes without the lid.Remove from pan and serve.Let the pan cool before making your next ginnappa.Do not make your dough runny or it will be very chewy and not crispy. You can also add sesame seeds and cumin to the preparation. This can be served with ginger pickle or pandumirapakaya pickle.