Soya Matar made with onion and tomato gravy, served with chapati( Indian Flatbread).
- Cuisine Punjabi
- Course Main Course
- Serves 2
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 25 minutes
1. Chop onions and tomatoes finely. Grate ginger.
2. Heat oil in a cooker on medium to high flame. Put peas and soya in cooker and turn the flame to medium flame. Shallow fry both of them. After that take soya and peas out in a container. Put grated ginger in cooker and roast it for 30 seconds.
3. Now add chopped onions and fry them until medium brown in color. Once onions are brown in color put chopped tomatoes in cooker and cook until a paste is formed. Put red chili powder and roast well for 10-15 seconds. Then put coriander powder, salt and garam masala and roast it well also.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon of water to the gravy and let it boil. Put back soya and peas in cooker and mix with the gravy.
5. Pour leftover water in the cooker and pressure cook it( Normally it takes 10-15 minutes to pressure cook it). After 10-15 minutes turn off the flame. Don't release the pressure. Let it come out of its own. Soya matar is ready to serve.