Here is a perfect way to welcome spring. What better way to enjoy fresh spring produce than to have a mix of fresh greens and strawberries, smothered in strawberry dressing and topped with crunchy walnuts.
1. For the dressing: In a mortar and pestle, place 5 strawberries, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Muddle the contents.
2. To this add olive oil and apple cider vinegar. You can add regular vinegar if you don't have apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Your dressing is ready.
3. To toast the walnuts, heat a pan. Once hot add the walnuts and toast till slightly brown.
4. Take a large salad bowl and add washed spring mix. Spring mix consists of arugula, baby spinach, baby lettuce, baby red leaves. You can use any fresh greens you like if you don't get spring mix. Sprinkle the remaining salt on the greens and give a gentle toss. To this add the sliced strawberries and toasted walnuts. You can add a mix of berries, even mango and pineapple to this salad.
5. Add in the dressing just before serving and toss the salad. You can serve this salad with gorgonzola cheese for added flavor. Enjoy fresh.