This sweet, spicy, tangy tomato curry is usually made in Hindu Goan households on days when fish is not eaten to go with rice
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Add in the mustard seeds once the ghee is hot. Wait for the seeds to crackle.
2. Next add in the asafetida, curry leaves and green chillies and saute for a minute.
3. Add in turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and salt. Saute for a minute.
4. Add in the medium sized diced tomatoes and 3.5 cups of water.
5. Next add in the jaggery and tamarind paste.
6. Add in the desiccated coconut. Stir and let the saar come to a boil.
7. Mash the tomatoes slightly. Serve hot with rice.