Here is a recipe of my own for a chutney that you can enjoy with dosas. This is a lightly spiced tomato and ginger paste with added goodness of peanuts.
1. In a pan heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Add ginger and red chilies. Once the ginger is brown, add in the tomatoes.
2. Cook till tomatoes are done. While the tomatoes are cooking, dry roast the peanuts.
3. Let the peanuts and tomato mixture to a mixer and make into a paste. Do not add any water. Heat remaining oil in the pan. Add asafetida and mustard seeds once hot.
4. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the chana and urad dal. Once the dal begins to brown, add curry leaves and red chili powder.
5. Next, add the paste. Add salt.
6. Also add in the tamarind paste. Stir well and let the mixture come to a boil. Enjoy hot with dosa.