Kannada version of Upma where you use nuts, dal and season the rava with spices, curry leaves and ghee
1. In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon ghee , add the rava and roast it.
2. Heat the remaining ghee in a different pan, add chana dal and urad dal and roast until light brown.
3. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds,turmeric and curry leaves and let splutter.
4. Add chopped onions, chopped ginger,salt, asafetida and green chili and saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the cashews and peanuts and roast for 2 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and peas and let cook until tomatoes are soft.
7. Add 3 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Check your salt and spice and add more if you like.The liquid should be very lightly salty since the salt comes down once you add the Rava.
8. Once the water comes to boil add the roasted rava slowly, continuously mixing it to avoid forming lumps. Cook for 3 minutes, switch off the stove let it rest for 5 minutes and serve.This goes well with any Indian pickle and peanut powder.