A delectable combination of veggies in a nut and coconut based sauce
1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add sufficient salt.Now add the potatoes and blanch them for 5 minutes and remove from water and keep aside, now add carrot and blanch for 2-3 minutes and keep aside,add french beans and blanch for around 5 minutes and keep aside,repeat for peas for 2-3 minutes(frozen peas take 1 minute) and cauliflower for 3 minutes and capsicum for 2 minutes.The goal is to get the veggies cooked but not make them super soft, they have to be firm but cooked.
2. Heat Oil in a pan and add the green chili,turmeric and onions, saute until onions turn translucent. Now Add the ginger garlic paste, and saute until the raw smell is gone.
3. Now add the coconut and poppy seeds and toast for 2 minutes.Transfer these ingredients to a grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
4. In the same pan saute the tomatoes and then grind them along with the onion-coconut paste.
5. Transfer all of the paste into the same pan , add 2 cups of water and bring to a light boil.Now add the spice powders and mix well.Check your taste and adjust spice/salt accordingly.
6. Add the vegetables mix gently so they are all coated with the gravy and turn down the flame to medium low,cover with a lid and let simmer for 10 minutes,garnish with some coriander leaves.