A traditional bengali fish curry with Chital mach or Clown knife fish. This recipe is cooked in a typical bengali style with mustard oil, green chillies and other spices.
1. Coat fish pieces (peti) with salt and turmeric powder
2. Cut tomato in small pieces and get the other ingredients ready.
3. Heat oil in Kadhai or pan. Fry the fish pieces and keep in a dish
4. In the hot oil add cumin seed, bay leaves and tomatoes.
5. After approximately 2 minutes, add ginger paste, 2 green chili, cumin powder, salt and turmeric powder with one table spoon of water
6. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Add water (1and 1/2 cup).
7. Allow to boil for 2-3 minutes. Then add the fried fish pieces .
8. Allow to boil for approximately 2 mins and then add 1 green chili sliced and garam masala powder and mix. Add salt to taste.