Gavaam Bhakri is another of those Goan recipes fading with time. This is a healthy breakfast recipe made with wheat, coconut and bulgar wheat.
1. In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour, salt and jaggery.
2. Add the bulgar wheat and coconut as well.
3. Add a cup of water and knead into a dough. The dough will be sticky and not firm like chapati dough. Keep the dough aside for about 15 minutes. Divide t into three parts.
4. Heat a pan and add about a tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot add one part dough on to the pan. Adding extra water, spread the dough on the pan to form a thick bhakri. Be careful with this step as the pan is hot and the oil tends to splatter.
5. Cover the bhakri with the flame on low and let it cook. This takes about 6-7 minutes.
6. Flip it over and cook on the other side while keeping the flame on medium. Enjoy with tea.