Baby scallops cooked in a coconut based curry with peas
1. Add the thinly sliced onion and turmeric. Sauté till soft.
2. Add coconut and garam masala powder and sauté till slightly brown.
3. Once the mixture is done cool and then transfer to a mixer. Add water and make a paste till coconut is finely ground.
4. In the same pan on a slow flame add the scallops. Add the paste to the scallops as well.
5. Add salt and green peas and stir the gravy.
6. Add kokum cover and let it simmer on a slow flame. It is important that the scallops are cooked on a very slow flame to avoid them from becoming rubbery.
7. Cook till the mixture comes to a boil.
8. Serve hot with rice or poee (Goan bread).