Karela Aloo made with tomato, served with chapati( Indian Flat Bread)
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Deep-fry
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 35 minutes
1. Cut Karela in round shape and remove off the seeds, meanwhile heat oil in a pan and deep fry karelas until medium brown in color.
2. When karelas are done take out excess oil and put cut potatoes in pan, cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile chop onion lengthwise and chop tomatoes also.
3. Once potatoes are cooked, take out potatoes and put onions in the same pan and cook till translucent. Then add chopped tomatoes.
4. When tomatoes are cooked well add all the spices, salt and cook spices well for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add fried karelas and potatoes back to the pan and mix thoroughly. Karela aloo is ready to serve with chapatis.