A Slow cooked dessert where you condense milk. This is my aunt's recipe, growing up it was one of my favorite christmas sweets.
1. Add the nuts and use mortar and pestle and crush the nuts into fine powder
2. In a heavy base pan ( this is key cause you will be boiling the milk for about an hour).Bring the milk to boil. Then add the condense milk and nuts.
3. Add the food color to the milk and continue to stir.
4. Keep alternating flame to high and low and keep stirring.
5. Eventually, the milk will start forming a dough. To test that it is ready, add a few pieces to water and if it doesn't dissolve the toffee is ready
6. Let it cool and then in your hand make small round ball and add to a silicon form.
7. Let it stay in the form for about five minutes. Then squeeze them out.
8. Please note this contains milk, so please refrigerate.