This sweet dish made of rice, coconut and jaggery steam in turmeric or jackfruit leaves. Its a traditional Goan sweet made on 15th August for the feast of Our Lady Assumption
1. Soak Rice for three hours, Grind with water to make a thick dough. Add salt to the dough. Clip the top and bottom of the leaves/ For jackfruit leaves make cones with tooth picks.
2. Mix the jaggery, grated coconut and cardamom powder for the stuffing.
3. Take a bit of the rice dough, place it in the center and spread evenly on the leave as shown in image.
4. After the dough is completed coated over the leave, add filling on one half on the leave.
5. Fold the leave and press the edges to seal it. If using jackfruit leaves, first evenly spread the dough. Then add filling to it and lastly cover the filling with a thin layer of the rice dough
6. Place these in a steamer and steam for 20 mins. Remove the leaves once cooked and enjoy.