Shortbread cookies are egg less crumbly cookies made with butter sugar and flour
1. Whisk the butter and sugar together until well combined 2-3 minutes.Add the essence and combine.
2. Sift the flour and salt.Add the flour to the butter little at a time and mix until just combined.Slightly knead the dough to form a single lump.
3. Cover with surround wrap and place in refrigerator for dough to harden for about 2 hours.
4. Roll out the dough into 1/4 inch thickness and cut with your favorite cookie cutters,you can also do basic square and circle shapes.
5. Place the cookies on baking sheets and place them back in the refrigerator for the dough to harden.Preheat oven to 350 F.Once they are chilled and are firm to touch take the cookie sheet and bake in oven for 14-15 minutes until edges are slightly brown. You can also add lemon zest,lemon essence,almond essence, and other flavors like chocolate or coffee of your choice.Make sure the dough is chilled well because it will start to spread in the oven if it is soft.You can put icing sugar drizzle for decorations or royal Icing,If you like you can also sprinkle colored sugar before baking on the cookies.