Potato and Gourd(Parval) cooked in a ginger and tomato based gravy usually served with chapati, poori, loochi or rice
1. Peel the skin of Potol (Gourd, Parval), cut each in two pieces. Cut Potatoes in small cubes
2. Mix Parval ,Potato, salt and turmeric powder separately. Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai.
3. Put 2 tbs oil in the pan and fry the cut potatoes for 3 - 4 minutes and keep aside.
4. Then fry the Gourd (Potol or Parval) separately.
5. Put another 2 tbs oil and once hot, add bay leaves and cumin seed. Then the cut tomatoes, ginger-chilli paste, cumin powder, salt and turmeric powder. Fry the mix for 4-5 minutes
6. Add 1/2 cup water and mix it well. Let it fry for another 3 - 4 minutes on high heat.
7. Add the fried gourd(parval or potol) and potato and mix by stirring the total content. Add 1/2 cup water and allow to boil under lower flame and cover the pan, cook for 6-7 minutes till potato is cooked.