A seasonal curry made with Bamboo shoots and Prawns
1. Soak finely chopped Bamboo shoot overnight and wash 3 times next day before cooking.Pressure cook Bamboo shoots and green chilies for 3 whistles and 10 minutes on low flame.
2. In a frying pan fry oil and one vertically diced onion. Fry till light brown. Add desiccated coconut, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, red chilies, dry coriander seeds and fry till golden brown.
3. Grind this fried mixture to make a paste.
4. In a pan fry 1 finely chopped onion til soft and add prawns and cook for 2 mins. Add the Pressure cooked bamboo shoots and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, kokum and ground paste and Cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with roti or rice.