Parfait is a perfect breakfast with a balance of fruits, proteins and carbohydrates. No better way to start your day than with this simple delicious recipe!
1. To make the popped quinoa, heat a pan. Spread the quinoa on the pan. It has to be a thin layer if not it will burn. You will here a popping sound. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. It takes no more than a minute and a half for the quinoa to pop. Keep this aside. Note: You can also use granola instead of popped quinoa. Granola is what is traditionally used for this recipe. However, quinoa is much more healthier and does not have added sugar like the store bought granola. So it is your choice. Either are fine! Dice the strawberries and keep them aside. You can use any berries of your choice or a mixer of berries as well.
2. Now in a bowl take yogurt of your choice. Add in the honey. Again adjust it according to your preferred sweetness. You can substitute with sugar as well. Whisk or mix it well together.
3. Take a serving glass. Add a layer of the yogurt followed by a layer of the berries.
4. Repeat this step one more time. Top off with the popped quinoa.
5. Enjoy! You can make a couple of bowls and refrigerate for subsequent days as well.