Chicken cooked in a rich, creamy gravy with indian spices
1. Marinate the chicken with 1/2 tablespoon of ginger paste, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic paste, 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder and 1 table spoon salt.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil in the deep vessel and half fry the chicken for a few minutes, till the water starts to evaporate and then keep the chicken aside.
3. Pour 2 table spoons of oil in a hot vessel, add cumin seeds, onion till the onion turns translucent for about 5 minutes. Add remaining Ginger Garlic paste, cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes constantly steering to prevent burning.
4. Add coriander powder, cashew nuts, red chili powder and cook for 5 minutes. Then add Fenugreek leaves, green chilies, tomatoes, and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Keep the mixture aside to cool and put in the blender and mix to a smooth paste.
6. Add butter and the left over oil ater the chicken was fried to the pan once the butter melts. Add the blended paste put some water and bring to boil. Add Sugar and salt to taste.
7. Add Tomato ketchup and heavy cream.
8. Add Chicken and Garam Masala and cook for 10 minutes till chicken gets cooked on medium heat.
9. Best served with some tandoori rotis or over rice.