A special prasad dish made for Ganesh Chaturthi. Along with all the sweet dishes offered to Lord Ganesh this is a savory dish offered.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Appetizers
- Serves 8
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Wash Chana dal thoroughly and soak for 3 hours. Grind it coarsely in mixer (No paste not whole).
2. Sprinkle this with a little water and form a homogenous mixture.
3. Take ingredients as shown.Heat 4 tablespoon of oil in a pan, put mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, turmeric powder and curry leaves.
4. Put the chana dal mixture in this and stir for a while. Put some salt, sugar and lemon juice to taste. Put green chilli paste to this and mix well.
5. Then cover the pan with lid and keep for 5 mins.
6. Serve hot with chopped coriander and grated coconut.