A kashmiri chicken recipe cooked with curd and dry spices.
1. Heat the oil and fry the chicken till brown. Once done, remove the chicken and keep aside
2. In the same pan saute the cardamoms and cinnamon. Create a paste of the ginger and saunf powders but adding a half a cup of water to the powder. Add the paste to the pan.
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes, switch off the fire and bring the pan to room temperature.
4. Whip the curd and add it to the pan, and cook on a slow fire for two minutes approximately till a thick uniform gravy is formed.
5. Add the chicken to the gravy. Sprinkle the chilli powder and salt. Occasionally Stir, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes till the meat is done.
6. Serve Chicken Yakhni hot with rice.