A kashmiri style pulao. This recipe uses aromatic spice and chicken.
1. Take rice, wash it properly and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
2. Wash the chicken thoroughly and drain the excess water out and apply 1 tbs salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric.
3. To the yoghurt add salt, red chilli powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder, Whisk the yoghurt nicely and keep it aside.
4. Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a pan, add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, chopped garlic, and saute for a minute. Add sliced onions and saute till translucent. Add finely chopped ginger and chopped green chilies, golden resins and saute.
5. Add the whisked yoghurt mixture and saute, cook for 2 minutes and once you see fat floating up.
6. Add the chicken pieces, salt to taste and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on high flame.
7. Add 2.5 cups of water cover the pot and leave it to boil for 10 -15 minutes. Use enough of water because the rice will be cooked in this.
8. When the chicken is cooked, add the rice to the chicken and allow it to cook on low heat in a covered pot. Check for salt taste and add some if required.
9. Give it a gentle stir so the basmati rice does not break, cook on low heat for 15 - 18 minutes.
10. Once cooked, Serve hot with some Raita.