This is a colorful Kashmiri rice dish seasoned with a variety of spices and nuts
1. Soak the rice for three hours. This helps cook the rice faster
2. In a pot, add rice, 10 cloves and green cardamoms and bring the rice to boil. ( approximately 15-20 minutes). Then Strain the rice when it is semi - soft and set aside.
3. In another pot, add 2 tablespoon of oil and let it heat.Add the remaining cloves and green cardamom. Add the chicken shallow fry them.
4. Add yogurt to chicken mix, along with the blanch almonds and pistachios (To blanch the almonds and pistachios, soak the almonds and pistachios in hot water and then remove the skin.) Let in cook for 2-5 minutes and set aside.
5. Add the chicken mix to the rice , also add the coloured petha, milk and salt. (if you don't get coloured petha, you can add a few drops of colour to regular petha and let it dry and then add to the rice). Mix well till the rice picks the colour from the petha. Cover the rice with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. To check if it is ready taste the petha and check if it cooked. ( if slightly raw add a little more milk and cook till ready)