Here is a quick and easy gluten free breakfast recipe. It is healthy and tastier than regular upma, in my opinion!This recipe is made with corn instead of rava.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Breakfast
- Serves 2
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 20 minutes
1. Take one cup of sweet corn. Add it to a food processor and grind it coarsely. If you don't have a food processor just roughly chop the corn. In a pan heat oil. Add asafetida and cumin seeds.
2. Next add the curry leave. Then add the onions and cook until translucent.
3. Once the onion is translucent add the salt, turmeric and red chili powder. Add in the corn.
4. While the corn is cooking. Dry roast the peanuts. You can peel them if you like. Powder them coarsely.
5. Add this peanut powder to the corn mixture. Add in the cilantro as well.
6. Mix everything well. Serve hot!