This is one of my own creations, inspired by ingredients from Kerala. It is a lightly spiced chicken curry cooked with whole and ground curry leaves.
- Cuisine South Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 10
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. In a mixer add ginger, 1/2 cup curry leaves and coriander leaves. Blend to form a fine paste. Pour the masala over the chicken.
2. Add in the salt and marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes. Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Add in the remaining 1/2 cup of curry leaves.
3. Add in the sliced onion. Cook till the onion is translucent and begins to slightly brown. Add in the sliced coconut. Saute for around 5 minutes.
4. Add in the pepper powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Saute for a few minutes. Add in the marinated chicken.
5. Add in the juice of half a lemon and the turmeric. Cover and cook the chicken till half done.
6. Now add the tamarind pulp. Mix everything well and cook till the chicken is well done. Enjoy hot with rice.