One of my own creations chick peas cooked with lentils. Two of my favorite ingredients in one recipe.
1. Soak chick peas overnight. Next morning add chick peas in a cooker with double amount of water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook till 2 whistles.
2. Boil the dal in 3 times water till done.
3. Heat the butter in a pan. Add in the ginger garlic and green chilies and sauté till garlic turns slightly brown.
4. Next add in the onion and half tablespoon salt. Saute till onions are soft and slightly brown.
5. In a separate tempering pan heat ghee and add cumin seeds.
6. Add curry leaves, turmeric, red chili powder and coriander powder.
7. Pour it into the sauted onions.
8. Add in the cooked dal and chick peas along with the water.
9. Add in ketchup and the kasuri methi, mix and let the curry come to a boil. Serve hot with rice or roti.