Spinach cooked with lentils in a thick tomato gravy,served with rice.
- Cuisine Punjabi
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Take mixed lentils as mentioned in a bowl and wash it properly.Now put lentils in a cooker with water and add some turmeric and pressure cook it (Normally it takes 15 minutes to cook lentils - around 3 - 4 whistles).
2. In a pan heat ghee and add some cumin seeds and let it roast. Once cumin seeds are roasted, put whole dry red chillies and roast for half a minute.
3. Now chop onion and tomatoes. Add chopped onion to the pan in which ghee is already heated. Once onions are done put tomatoes in it.
4. Cook tomatoes until a paste is formed. Add all the spices mentioned and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add spinach and mix it well in the gravy. Cook spinach for 5-6 minutes in the gravy.
6. Now add the cooked lentils to spinach gravy add salt, mix thoroughly and bring to a boil. Palak dal is ready to serve.