An authentic Goan accompaniment to rice and Goan fish curry
1. Clean the clams or prawns and keep aside.
2. Add 2 cups of onion, 1 cup of desiccated coconut, 1/2 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves and 1 teaspoon of finely cut green chillies
3. Add 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, 2 teaspoons of garam masala powder, 2 tablespoons of Rava, 3 teaspoons of tamarind paste and salt to taste
4. Heat oil on medium heat in a non stick pan. Once oil is hot place small portion of mixture as shown in the picture Turn the daanghor after 1-2 minutes. Fry till golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve hot with fish curry and rice or enjoy with a squeeze of lime.