Puff pastry stuffed with prawns... A Goan favorite
1. In a pan heat oil and add the ginger garlic paste. Once the ginger garlic paste is cooked for about a minute add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder.
2. Saute the spices for a min or two then add the onions, mix well and cook till soft.
3. To this add the vinegar, salt, jaggery powder and tomato ketchup.
4. Add the prawns and cook the mixture till prawns are done. Make sure there is not a lot of moisture left in the prawns filling. Set the mixture aside to cool.
5. In an oven pre heated at 400 degree F, line one of the racks with aluminum foil and parchment paper as shown. Sprinkle a little flour on the parchment paper to prevent the pattice from sticking to it.
6. Arrange the thawed pastry sheets and pour the prawn filling on half of it. Turn over the edge to form a triangle as shown and brush with oil. Firmly press on the sides to keep the filling in during the baking process.
7. Arrange the pattice on the lined parchment paper and bake till golden brown at 400 degree F.
8. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.