"Elaape" reminds me of summer holidays. This sweet nutritious snack was a favorite of my cousins' and I when we spent our vacation in my granny's house. This is my attempt to prevent this rare recipe from extinction.
1. Heat one tablespoon ghee and roast the rava. Saute rava for no more than 1 minute. This rava is not the fine one but the one which is coarse and called "mothe ravo". Roast till it changes color. Once done, turn the heat off and add the sesame seeds on the same pan and let them roast in the heat.
2. Coarsely powder the almonds, cashews and peanuts.
3. Add coconut (sliced and grated), cashews, peanuts, raisins, almonds, jaggery, salt and water to the rava.
4. Add the wheat flour. Mix everything well. Let this soak for overnight. This helps the wheat to expand.
5. Heat munk pan. Once hot add ghee to each compartment. Add the mixture to cover each pocket.
6. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes. The turn carefully and cook on the other side. Enjoy warm during tea time.