Kashmiri dessert made with whole wheat flour. Traditionally served with Sheer chai (Kashmiri Tea)
1. Take water in a pan and mix sugar and cardamom in it. Let it boil until it becomes a thick sugar syrup. Let the syrup cool a bit. Then knead the flour with ghee and sugar syrup.
2. Take out around coin size pieces of dough as shown. Make long stripes by rolling each of the dough pieces between your palms.
3. Take a stripe and gently rotate it between your palms so that it becomes a sphere with uneven boundaries of the stripe looking like concentric circles. Key is to roll the stripe in two directions between your palms. Follow this for all the stripes.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and deep fry the sphere made in last step.
5. Take out the lyde when color is medium brown. These can be served hot or cold as per your taste preference. These can be preserved for up to 2-3 weeks in an air tight box.