Benali style Lentils cooked with fried fish head or either katla or rohu.
1. Roast the moong dal with 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a pressure cooked.Then add 1 and 1/2 cup of water and allow the dal to boil under pressure. Allow 4 whistles
2. Cut the fish into 2 halves, marinate with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish. Keep it aside.
3. Take the dal out of pressure cooker in a bowl. Set aside the spices .
4. To the oil ,add bay leaves and green chili, fry for two minutes.
5. Add ginger paste with little water cooked for 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining turmeric powder and mix it well. Cook the mix for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the dal to the mix
7. Add the fried fish head pieces , stir and cook for 3-4 minutes