Rice and peas cooked together, served with dry vegetable or raita.
- Cuisine Kashmiri
- Course Main Course
- Serves 3
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 25 minutes
1. Heat oil in a cooker on medium to high flame. Put cumin seeds and roast it. Then put black cardamoms and cinnamon sticks.
2. Now put peas and shallow fry them for 2 minutes.
3. Then add rice, salt and turmeric. Mix well.
4. Pour water over it and pressure cook it over high flame until one whistle comes. Then turn the flame between low and medium. Keep it as it is until 4-5 minutes and turn off the flame. Don't release the pressure and let the steam come out of its own gradually.
5. Matar batte is ready to serve.